The Fox Valley Area Chapter of Wild OnesŪ Natural Landscapers proudly presents our seventh annual Toward Harmony with Nature Conference
DATE: January 18, 2003
LOCATION: Park Plaza Convention Center, 1 N Main St, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
REGISTRATION BEGINS: 7:45AM ------------- SESSIONS BEGIN: 8:30AM (conference ends at 4:15PM)
$25 non-members preregistration by Jan 15th
$18 members preregistration by Jan 15th
$30 non-members at the door
$25 members at the door
LUNCH: $9 reservations required with preregistration by Jan 15th
KEYNOTE: George Meyer, Secretary of WI DNR 1993-2001 and currently Visiting Professor in Environmental Studies,
Lawrence University, Appleton, WI
Topic: "Restoring Wisconsin's Natural Landscape---Fun, Cooperation and Success"
For more information about George Meyer, go to http://www.wiscwetlands.org/Interview.html
* Bob Ahrenhoerster, Prairie Seed Source, on prairies
* Rochelle Whiteman & Lorelei Allen on natural back yards
* Rebecca Power on shoreline restoration
* Tim Gutsch, Great Lakes Nursery, on woodland management
* Andrew Hipp on sedges
* Corrine Daniels and John G. Gishnock, Applied Ecological Services, on rain gardens and low impact yard care
* Bob Freckman on woodland flowers
* Dr. Ken Solis on invasive species/community action
* Jeff Nania on wetlands
VENDORS: We will have approximately 20-25 native plant and natural landscaping exhibitors and vendors.
* Silent auction
* Folksinger/songwriter Steve Hazell will perform before the keynote address and during luncheon.
* CEU credits are available for Wisconsin teachers.
* Lots of networking opportunities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: e-mail Harmony@for-wild.org, or contact Carol Niendorf (920) 233-4853 or Donna VanBuecken (920) 730-3986.
|Home||© Wild Ones®. All rights reserved.
Updated: Jun 12, 2005.