2004 Photo Contest Rules
1. The subject of all entries must be native plant species or native species ecology found in the USA or Canada.
2. One entry per category; two entries per member.
3. Photos cannot have been previously entered in the Wild Ones Photo Contest.
4. All photos must be at least 5"x5" and no larger than 11"x14".
5. Photos may be in color or black and white.
6. Each print must be mounted on mounting board. (Available through most photo shops and art supply stores.) Matting is optional.
7. A completed entry form must be affixed to the back of each entry. Entry forms may be photocopied.
8. Photographs will be judged according to the following criteria:
a. Technical merit (composition, sharpness, exposure, color)
b. Appropriateness to category
c. Presentation (neatness of mounting)
1. Flora: plant species native to the United States or Canada
2. Scenery: any aspect of woodland, savanna, prairie, wetlands and rain gardens
3. Pollinators: insects or bugs native to the United States or Canada
4. Child/Children: exploring the natural environment (prairies, woodlands, or wet areas)
5. Landscaping: include residences, businesses, or recreational areas as part of the subject
6. Wild Ones activities: educational programs (monthly meetings, conferences, seed exchanges, seed gatherings, garden tours, etc.); public relations activities (home & garden shows, festivals, etc.); plant rescues.
Winners may not be selected if the judges deem the photos submitted in a specific category are not worthy of an award. Photos will be judged twice this year. The first round of judging will be by a professional photographer who will determine first, second and third place in each category and grand prize winner chosen from the first place winners. The second judging round will be by Annual Meeting attendees who will determine first, second and third place People’s Choice awards overall.
Entries will be returned by mail only if accompanied by self-addressed, postage-paid packaging.
By entering the contest, each photographer will be giving Wild Ones Natural Landscapers, Ltd and its affiliates permission to publish his/her photograph.
For a contest form or for more information, go to the Wild Ones website at www.for-wild.org or contact Carol Andrews, 2004 Photo Contest Chair, at Photo2004@for-wild.org or via phone at (218) 730-9954, or Donna VanBuecken at firstname.lastname@example.org or (toll-free) at 1-877-394-9453.
2004 Wild Ones Photo Entry Form and Rules
to be held in conjunction with 2004 Wild Ones Annual Meeting
It's time to start snapping!
No, not turtles, or rubber bands, or fingers. Get out your camera and start snapping pictures! (And go through your file of photos from previous years as well!)
Wild Ones is holding a photo contest to give members a chance to "strut their stuff" when it comes to photos and native landscaping. The photos will be judged initially on technical merit by a professional photographer Friday evening, August 6th, and then be on display at the Annual Meeting/conference the following day, August 7th, for further judging of the People’s Choice by conference attendees. Awards will be presented at the evening banquet on August 7th at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Memorial Union. You need not attend the conference to enter the photo contest.
Only current Wild Ones members may enter. Deadline for receipt of mailed submission(s) is July 20, 2004; no exceptions. Photo contest entries personally delivered to the conference site should be at the Union Terrace on Friday, August 6th no later than 5:00PM.
Mail photos to: 2004 Wild Ones Photo Contest
PO Box 1274
Appleton, WI 54912-1274
The following information should appear on the back of each photo submitted:
2004 Wild Ones Photo Contest Entry Form
Wild Ones Chapter Affiliation_____________________________________________________
(If not a member of a chapter, indicate PAL for partner-at large.)
Title of Photo_________________________________________________________________
Location, time of day, and circumstances under which photo was taken. ____________________________________________________________________________
Type of Camera __________________________________Type of Film __________________
July 6, 2004/dvb
C:\MyFiles\WP Docs\WO's\Photo Contest\Photo Contest Rules 2004.wpd
|Home||© Wild Ones®. All rights reserved.
Updated: Jun 12, 2005.